Sunday, April 22, 2012

BEAUTY PRODUCTS: Dermalogica

After I’ve been battling with horrendous acne-filled face and oily skin, I have tried various and numerous types of products. Some of them I mostly found at the drugstore. At one point, I went to a dermatologist and he gave me a face cleanser for me to use, which literally made my skin burn inside! I felt like my face is on fire! But then I stopped because I couldn’t handle the pain and my skin was “corroding”, so I revert back to the old drugstore products routine.

But then, I went to Aster Spring with my mom because I only wanted to try Dermalogica products. But after a few consultations and discounts, I managed to get two appointments for a facial and a whole complete set of Dermalogica’s Oily Skin Kit. The total cost? RM800+! Yes yes, it is pricey, but I swear, this is a one time thing. I originally didn’t want to do facials, but I thought why not? Just this once, to make myself satisfied and then I shall shut up for the rest of my life about beauty routines.

The good thing about this starter kit is that you will get:
  1. Dermal Clay Cleanser (Removes oil)
  2. Skin Prep Scrub (Polish skin surface, prepping for treatment)
  3. SAMPLE of Skin Refining Masque (Reduce oil)
  4. Multi-Active Toner (Hydrate and refresh skin, prepping for moisturizer)
  5. Oil Control Lotion (Absorb oil)
  6. Total Eye Care (Conceal dark circles around eyes, reduce puffiness)
I put all of these products in order of application, for any of you who is suffering the same fate like me and would like to try Dermalogica. But you should probably also have to purchase Essential Cleansing Solution which is the most important one. It is NOT included in the kit, but I bought it separately. You should use the cleansing solution FIRST, then followed by Dermal Clay Cleanser, Skin Prep Scrub, etc.

I only worn all of them for the first time just now and I gotta say my skin somehow feels smoother and refreshing. The Dermal Clay Cleanser has this minty feeling and it will make your face cool with a menthol sensation. Yeah! I don’t have to suffer a burning sensation anymore.

I shall post any updates on this blog, so I can really review the products. Hopefully it can help me with my skin problems. My face has made me feel insecure for years now. I hope I will be one of the lucky people whose lives have been changed since they started using Dermalogica. Cross your fingers for me, yeah?


No comments:

Post a Comment